Hello, welcome! January is often the time that people decide to shake things up and move on so we’ll spell out why we think a career at Material is better than the rest:
- Is established – we’re into our third year.
- We are skilful and creative hairdressers.
- Our clients are mostly professionals of all ages and their families, many of whom work in creative industries.
- Services are growing year-on-year and customer retention is extremely high at over twice the industry average.
- Retail sales grew 25% last year – clients trust our knowledge, care and advice, and the quality of our 4 product ranges.
- We’re a member of 365 meaning we manage the salon along the best professional standards.
- Shortlisted ‘New Independent – Business Newcomer’ at the British Hairdressing Business Awards 2014.
- Material is the only place in this area where you can learn precision cutting techniques from a true Sassoon stylist; Paul taught at Vidal Sassoon salons and academies in London.
- Our stylists attend the 365 business builder courses.
- Everyone gets involved in our in-salon skills training which takes place during the day.
- You can go on colour courses at the Wella Academy and we bring bespoke tutoring from Wella and our contacts into the salon.
- You’ll attend Salon International and can meet a lot of the hairdressers who take part in it through Paul’s industry contacts.
- We’re open to ideas, for example, our apprentices choose the college or external NVQ trainer they think best suits their needs.
How we help you grow your column
- Supportive team environment and training to master consultations, creativity, and the whole range of hair styles and colouring techniques.
- Tried and tested direct marketing incentives.
- A big blog and social media showcasing our work and style.
- Full employment, National Hairdressers’ Federation contracts.
- Regular one to ones and mentoring to help you reach your goals.
- Transparent, competitive commission structure designed to make you money!
Pop in and see us work, chat with Paul and find out where Material could take you.
Whatever you decide, thanks for reading this post!