Stylist + Colourist – Level 2/3 with 3/4+ years salon experience
We’re looking for someone who can seamlessly take over a busy column of clients. You will have to be confident in cutting and colouring – experience of using Wella would be an advantage.
Established for over 3 years, Material is building a team of hairdressers that want hairdressing to be as fun and fulfilling as it looks. We add more than a dash of skill and intelligence so that our clients really respect us, our opinions and what we do. A lot of planning and training goes into providing great welcomings, slick customer service and a calm, inspiring environment for us to do what we love: skilful and creative hairdressing.
We’re looking for someone:
- Calm, kind and outgoing
- A passionate hairdresser who is confident in their skills yet open and eager to improve and develop.
- Someone dedicated to their clients and interested in working as a team to produce photographic work for the salon and industry competitions.
- Knowledge of precision cutting or a Sassoon background is desirable but not essential.
In return we offer:
- A calm, well organised salon designed to allow you to focus on your guests.
- An easy to understand salary + commission structure that puts you in control of your earnings.
- A base of professional clients, often from creative industries, on which you can build your clientele.
- Comprehensive training opportunities including : precision (Sassoon) cutting from Paul in the salon; colour from our Wella MCE Louise and courses at the Wella Academy in London; courses from the 365 salon management programme; and access to Trichology (hair health, hair loss and product science) teaching at the Philip Kingsley Clinic in Mayfair. As well as opportunities for you to help train our apprentices and staff.
Please email Paul a brief CV and we can arrange for a confidential informal chat.